|授業科目名||Language and Communication across Cultures|
1. Students will develop their understanding and knowledge of observations and findings with reference to the relationship between language, communication and culture from a variety of multidisciplinary perspectives.
2. Students will become more sensitive to their language use and intercultural communication differences and to provide them with the knowledge and skills to interact successfully with people from cultures other than their own.
1. To be able to explore cultural self-awareness, other culture awareness, and the dynamics that arise in interactions between the two.
2. To be able to understand how communication processes differ among cultures.
3. To be able to identify challenges that arise from these differences in intercultural interactions and learn ways to creatively address them. 4. To be able to acquire the knowledge, skills and attitudes that increase intercultural competence in English.
|This course will be delivered by means of interactive lectures with student presentations and student-led discussions. The weekly interactive lectures will introduce the key topics for discussion and provide the context for theoretical models and key terms of study. These sessions will establish the broad principles, concepts and definitions as the basis for further discussions and presentations. The students will be expected to submit their Learning Journal every week in principle.|
１）Students are encouraged to engage with self-monitoring and critical thinking in preparation for the assessment.
２）Students are expected to participate actively in class, to keep a written learning journal and to carry out independent reading and research in addition to classroom based teaching.
１）Introduction to the course
２）Language and Communication 1
３）Language and Communication 2
４）Defining Culture 1
５）Defining Culture 2
６）The Relationship between Language, Communication and Culture 1
７) The Relationship between Language, Communication and Culture 2
８）Profiling National Cultures 1
９）Profiling National Cultures 2
10）Profiling Corporate/Group Cultures 1
11）Profiling Corporate/Group Cultures 2
12）Culture and Communication 1
13) Culture and Communication 2
14) Group Presentation
＊The schedule is subject to change.